Special Summer Edition


Get a Voki now!

School's Out For Summer!

This is Your Time!

Time to relax...

Time to relax...

Enjoy!

Wordle: summer

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

My favorite tools? The image generators; Wordle, ImageChef, and Big Huge Labs, for creative thinking and imagination, especially with poetry and writing. The video resources are great, I plan to work with students to create our own videos in class by documenting moments throughout the year. Bookr is another app I would like my students to use in science and social studies for creating their own books. Of course, GoogleDocs, Reader, Blog, and Wiki, I've started using and plan to continue to use during school.

My thinking has changed after this training because I am more aware of, and more knowledgeable about the resources that are available. I have also learned that it's just as important how these resources are made available to students, with digital citizenship a major role. I plan to be able to incorporate technology in the classroom more when we receive our new equipment in the fall.

Surprises? I kind of knew what to expect, learning technology is a commitment that requires setting aside time for training. I had the perfect opportunity to do this because, we're remodeling downstairs and the computer room was the only place to seek refuge! Also, my kids are grown and out of the house and my puppy is now a dog. I spend too much money on vacations and these workmen need to be supervised...see what I mean?

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying learning everyone's thoughts about incorporating technology into their classrooms. As I don't have a traditional classroom, it's very interesting to me. Videos, Boardmaker, on-line games, etc...have been great speech and language development tools.

    ReplyDelete